This is a 40 page brochure-sized booklet published by OSHA that provides a general overview of how OSHA operates and the basic topics related to occupation safety and health.
The information in this booklet is an overview of the Agency, its regulatory responsibilities, policies, procedures, and programs. Information provided does not determine compliance responsibilities under OSHA standards.
- OSHA’s Mission
- OSHA Coverage
- Rights and Responsibilities under OSHA
- OSHA Standards
- General Reporting and Recordkeeping Requirements
- Filing a Complaint
- OSHA’s Whistleblower Program: Protection from Retaliation
- If there is a Dangerous Situation at Work
- Additional Whistleblower Protections
- Workers’ Rights
- OSHA Assistance, Services and Programs
- OSHA Advisory Committees
- NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation Program
- How to Contact OSHA