In this exclusive Design Guide, the editors of Design World review the approaches needed to fully assess a machine’s required level of safety; the components needed for safe installations; and the proper integration of such components in individual machines and workcells. The role of controls and leading standards (for markets and general automation) are also covered. 27 pages.
- Introduction to industrial safety
- Assessing the need for (and designing) machine safety features
- Safety components using direct machine-operator contact
- Emergency stop switches — only in Emergencies
- Basics of safe speed from Schmersal
- Machine-triggered sensors, switches, and perimeter components
- Safety relays, signal processing, and controls
Content sponsored by Schmersal USA.