Every industry has its specific risks and presents a different set of requirements applicable to the availability, accessibility, and the safety of the machines used. Cleanability is a keyword in the consumables industries (food & beverage, cosmetic & personal care, pet food & animal feed, pharmaceutical, and medical). Components used in these hygienic applications must perform while exposed to high temperature and high pressure washdowns, harsh cleaning chemicals, temperatures (freezing/heating), and meet design standards to prevent bacterial growth / contamination. In this webinar we discuss the specific design standards for hygienic applications and present some solutions.
What to expect in this 50 minute session:
- Food Safety Modernization Act
- Applicable hygienic standards
- Safety Devices for Hygienic Applications
- Controls for Hygienic Applications
- Resources from Schmersal
Presenter: Allen Smith
Allen has 25 years experience in machine safety sales and is currently a business developer for Schmersal in the Southeast region. Allen is also an OSHA Authorized General Industry Trainer (#18-0079102) and an expert in OSHA and ANSI regulations.
- Article: Sanitary And Hygienic Design Standards
- Article: Equipment and Control Designs for FSMA
- Brochure: Industry Solutions: Food & Beverage
- Tech Brief: IP69 / IP69K Products
- Webpage: Industry Solutions FOOD - A BASKET FULL OF SOLUTIONS
View more webinars from our webinar archive