PROTECT SRB-E-FWS-TS offers safe standstill monitoring and safe time delay functions
The FWS versions are an extension of our SRB-E electronic safety controllers, which offer safe standstill monitoring and safe time delay functions.
There are two models:
- SRB-E-302FWS-TS basic model combines these two functions in a single component.
- SRB-E-402FWS-TS offers an additional safety door monitor, means it combines three functions in one device, making it unique in the market.
The safe standstill monitoring system monitors the impulses from connected sensors. Perpetually comparing the input frequency (current value) with the preset target value (downtime frequencies) allows the device to detect if limit values are exceeded, which activates the safety outputs. The target value frequency can be adjusted from 0.5 Hz to 10 Hz.
For rotating plant components, e.g. drives, motors or shafts, with the consistent run-on times, the SRB-E-FWS-TS components can also be used as a safe time delay relay. The controller is only released once this preset time has run out which enables a safety device to be unlocked and opened. The drive delay time can be selected, between 0.5 seconds and 3000 seconds (50 minutes).
The SRB-E-402FWS-TS model also offers the option of monitoring a solenoid interlock on two channels with or without cross-circuit detection. With this module variant, e.g. in the event of dangerous movements, the safety door cannot be opened and the second safety function, safety door monitoring, ensures that the movement is safely shut off. In addition, the safe outputs prevent the machine from starting when the door is open.
These modules share the same features as our other SRB-E Safety Controllers:
- Removable terminal blocks with positional coding.
- Function and delay timer setting via rotary dial on front.
- Settings secured by clear cover and security seal.
- Snap-in equipment label for individual project and device identification.